The Lion King Fan Art Message Board

The Lion King Fan Art Message Board (http://lilymud.net/index.php)
-   Fun and Games (http://lilymud.net/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   New game! ^^ (http://lilymud.net/showthread.php?t=54524)

TSWGray Nov 19th, 2013 02:38 PM

New game! ^^

This is a word game I love playing with my family, but of course they never play it as often as I like, and certainly never Lion King-themed! XD

Okay, so you start with any name. I'm going to pick Simba. Now, the person who sees Simba first must reply with the name of another Lion King character (Canon or semi-Canon only!) that starts with the last letter of the previous name. So, whoever finds Simba must reply with a TLK name that starts with the letter 'A'. So, if they say Ahadi, the next person has to work with an 'I'. Got it? The only other rule is that you cannot use a name that has already been said (well, okay - I'll let someone use Ahadi since it was just an example here).
We play until we run out of names/get stumped on a letter that we absolutely can't think of anything to reply with. Let's go!

So, Simba! :D
~Gray
P.S. And if I explained this in a confusing way, let me know so I can make it clearer! ;)

*EDIT* Okay - updated rules following!
We were running out of TLK names too quickly, so now African animal species names and also names of Disney animal characters are also allowed!
For example, Brie said 'Elephant', and Kasei said 'Aardwolf' (both African animals), and I said 'Oliver' from the film Oliver and Company (Disney animal)

Kasei Nov 19th, 2013 02:41 PM

Ummm...I am going to be lame and use Ahadi. xD Because I can't think of another A name.

TSWGray Nov 20th, 2013 08:46 PM

XD That's not lame at all! What IS lame is that I absolutely COULD NOT think of a name that started with 'I' after you said that, so I am adding a new rule: if, and only IF you can-not-for-the-life-of-you think of anything, you may look it up!

So, mine is Iron Joe from TLK 1 1/2 XD
You've got an 'E' now - try not to make it end with 'I', please! XD

Hmm... I hadn't thought of this thought when I started the thread - should I just delete it since I can see the 'I's becoming a problem?
~Gray

Kasei Nov 21st, 2013 04:19 AM

Ed!

Nah, I think we could just make I the exception and keep using Iron Joe. x3 Or we could expand it to "if you are really desperate you may use other African animals" or something.

TerraTimberWolf Nov 21st, 2013 09:55 AM

I went ahead and looked something up - Dwala, the sister of Sarabi. (I learned something new today!)

Kasei Nov 21st, 2013 03:52 PM

Asante! A hyena friend of Kopa's in an audio book released before SP. (also learning new things)

TSWGray Nov 23rd, 2013 09:16 AM

Hey, glad to see this taking off a little! XD
Kasei, I love your idea about opening it up to other Disney animals - that would really broaden the playing field! Should we do that? =3 I had to go look up another, so I think that if we keep it to Lion King, we're gonna run out really quickly!

So for now, keeping with TLK, Esme! She's an elephant who's apparently in Prickly Problems, a short story from the Hakuna Matata series =3
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Esme
~Gray

Brie Nov 23rd, 2013 11:31 AM

Hahah. I have seriously looked up everything cause I was stumped. And no more E's. Apparently names beginning with "E" aren't necessarily popular in African language cultures. LoL!.

Can we do basic African animals, Kasei?

Cause if so, I'll go with "Elephant."

TSWGray Nov 25th, 2013 06:59 PM

Sure, why not throw in species as well - African or no. I guess as long as it's a name of a Disney animal character or a name of animal species, it counts. Hopefully this isn't too confusing... XD

Timon!
~Gray
P.S. Goodness Terra, I LOVE your new Avatar! :D

Drago Nov 26th, 2013 10:07 AM

Naanda! (Sarabi's sister)

Kasei Nov 26th, 2013 08:49 PM

Aardwolf!

TSWGray Nov 27th, 2013 09:45 AM

Since we're accepting other Disney animals, how about Flounder from The Little Mermaid? =3
~Gray

Drago Nov 27th, 2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSWGray
Since we're accepting other Disney animals, how about Flounder from The Little Mermaid? =3
~Gray

Rafiki

TSWGray Nov 28th, 2013 11:46 AM

Iago

~Gray

TerraTimberWolf Nov 29th, 2013 10:26 AM

Oswald

TSWGray Nov 29th, 2013 02:46 PM

Donald Duck

~Gray

TerraTimberWolf Nov 30th, 2013 12:10 AM

Kiara!

TSWGray Dec 1st, 2013 03:07 PM

Abu

~Gray

Drago Dec 2nd, 2013 06:40 PM

Uru :D

TSWGray Dec 3rd, 2013 08:16 PM

Well, I could say Uncle Max, but that would be pretty cruel, wouldn't it? XD
So, how about Uncle Waldo (The Aristocats) instead?
~Gray

Kasei Dec 3rd, 2013 08:52 PM

Oryx...oh no wait, that's mean. Um....Ostrich!

TSWGray Dec 4th, 2013 09:03 AM

Hippopotamus!
~Gray

Kasei Dec 5th, 2013 06:05 PM

Scarrrrr

Drago Dec 6th, 2013 12:41 PM

Rabbit :)

Kasei Dec 6th, 2013 04:51 PM

Taka....that doesn't count as a repeat, does it? :0 If it does, then Tojo. :P