The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Entertainment Discussion > General TLK and SP Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Oct 3rd, 2016, 03:33 PM   #1
NalasNineGFs

Lightbulb Imagine Disney pulling a George Lucas

Not that I think this will ever happen, but I think it would be a fun idea for Disney to release remastered versions of the original and SP that included little added details to have them better fit together with TLG, as well as with each other. If you know about the Star Wars special editions, you know what I mean.

Some ideas I have for possible edits are:
- Including Zira and her lionesses in shots of the pride in the original, maybe even showing them standing with the hyenas in the climactic battle.
- Editing the cub at the end of the original movie to look more like baby Kiara.
- Subsequently editing He Lives in You so that it's actually baby Kion's presentation, meaning Timon and Pumbaa's dialogue has to be changed, but I think Nathan and Ernie would be fine with re-recording. Either that or the presentation from the end of the original is edited to look like Kiara's, and then we're introduced to Kion in SP some other way.
- Cub Kion gets retconned into Kiara's childhood in a hopefully not awkward way. He does not go with Kiara into the Outlands.
- The rest depends on how they want to resolve things with Kion.

What do you guys think?
I think everyone who graduates high school instantly reverts back to how they were as a little kid. That's probably why I'm back here after all this time. Not a Powerkat anymore, just a humble community college student having feelings and thoughts about my favorite story. Guess there's really something to the circle of life.
NalasNineGFs is offline   Reply With Quote