The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Fantasy/Mystical Roleplay
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Sep 20th, 2017, 06:23 AM   #26
Aerazura
the listener

Soon enough the wide hangar doors overhead opened and the transport lowered down. At once the flight hangar as abuzz as people and dragons alike gathered their provisions and equipment before preparing to load up.
“Be careful, and bring back Jack safely,” Said Comox and he stood with Hitteki to send them off. They would be in charge of protecting the facility while they were away and there were no others that would do a better job than the two of them. Ardon knew he could always count on Comox, despite the male Boldwing often being timid in nature. He never faltered in a time of need and that was something they could bet on. As for Hitteki, the gold had full confidence that she would achieve anything she set her mind to. Despite their precautions, neither of them hoped to have to live up to their promise. An Attack on the base was the very last thing they needed right now.
“Don’t worry,” said Zyra with an air of firm confidence in her tone, “We’re not coming back without him.”
Ardon forced a smile back towards the others. Zyra’s positive nature did help to ease his worry, even in the slightest bit.
“I wouldn’t doubt it. Give whoever took Jack a little hell from us,” Comox said, a rather fiery thing for the diffident Boldwing.
“There will be hell to pay, one way or another. Make sure there’s some tea ready for when we get back,” smiled Zyra before she followed Ardon up the ramp.
Forge and Vonriir were among the last to board the transport, being the largest passengers. The dragons settled in the main hold area and once they were cleared for takeoff they could hear the engines power up. Veyron had gone up to the observation deck with Mark and the others, wanting to be in the middle of it and hear any details that might come across. While the dragon was often too nosy for his own good, this was one benefit to having him along. Most of the group had been surprised about the wraith’s willingness to come along.
Ardon looked out the window and watched as the ground slowly fell away from them as they rose higher into the sky. We’re on our way, he thought, hoping Jack would know he wasn’t alone. He must know that they were coming for him, that his dragon wouldn’t sit idly by while he was missing. Ardon stared out the window, silent and brooding.
“We’ll find him, we’ve got clues to where he could be now,” said Zyra, walking up to the gold.
The dragon didn’t respond or make any sort of movement. Zyra sat down next to him, concerned look on her face. She knew, in some way, how Ardon felt but there was very little she could do to help it.
“The team have made huge strides already…. It’s only been a few days and we already narrowed down so much when we had the entire world to consider…” she tried to say optimistically. Ardon didn’t respond again and Zyra frowned.
“Can you even hear me? Are you listening?”
Ardon turned his gold eyes to her, sad, and without their usual spark. “Sorry. My mind feels lost in a fog.” He replied. Zyra immediately felt back for getting a little irritated at his lack of response at first.
“Well find it,” rumbled Forge, having overheard, “You’ll need it if we encounter whoever took Jack.”
Ardon cast him a brief look before turning back to the window.
“Sir, cut him a little slack,” said Vonriir quietly, “He knows what needs to happen. We can’t pretend to know his difficulty with the separation, being unbonded ourselves.”
“No,” said Forge, looking away, “No we can’t, can we?”
“Don’t worry, Ardon. We’ll get him back soon enough and this feeling will go away,” Zyra said in a quiet tone.
Ardon nodded, “If we found him in the next minute it wouldn’t be soon enough.”

While there was a lull in conversation at the front of the transport, Veyron took to organizing his back of tricks that he had brought along.
He had come a long way since he arrived with that very same leather bag on his first infiltration of T5. In it he had possessed the most rudimentary of tools, stolen wallets, cards and cash and perhaps a little food. Over his time in his new home, the little dragon managed to acquire a slew of things to add to his mini arsenal. Tools of the trade, researched and purchased with great consideration. He managed to find items of lightweight but durable material. Compact screwdrivers and multitools, a blade and other items that he often found useful when getting in and out of places that otherwise wished to have no uninvited guests.
Once he ensured everything was in its place, Veyron clipped the bag closed and sat against it, waiting for them to arrive. He bit into a croissant that he had pilfered from the transports lunch room as well as a nectarine, tossing in in his paw while they journeyed on.
Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 20th, 2017, 12:58 PM   #27
IapetusCas
Black & White

Jack stirred awake as his eyes fluttered open, he winced at the bright light that entered his eyes, he had to close them for a moment before opening them once more, allowing his golden eyes to slowly adjust to the light.
Jack was aching all over and soon discovered his hands and legs were tied in chains, he was dangling from a hook linked up to the chains, no wonder his arms ached so much, he also felt some pain in his neck and side.
Jack glanced to see marks on his body, his short removed, as he focussed in looking he could see what looked like holes that had been cleaned up, like syringes, some dried blood still on his skin, it appeared whoever had captured him had taken blood from him and a fair bit of it as he was feeling weak and dizzy.
Jack managed to come around to take in his surroundings, it looked like they were underground, judging by the protruding rocks out of the ceiling and walls but the rest looked advanced man-made walls with LED lighting, it looked clean and kept spotless, the only beam of light was above him perhaps to keep him disorientated to throw Jack off working out where he was.
Jack looked up and tried to get out of the chains but his arms ached too much to provide enough resistance, it seemed he been hanging there for a good couple of days and only come round now, last thing he remembered was being ambushed in London.
Soon the man heard footsteps approaching as two sliding doors opened up and men dressed in biohazard overalls came, one pressing a button to lower the pole down, he felt his feet touch the ground and his arms full of lactic acid were like jelly, unable to move as Jack wanted.
The men put the man on a chair and locked him in place, before moving off, Jack was fine sitting for now, it gave his tired limbs a rest, his mouth was dry and he wanted water.
Soon another person entered the room, a man dressed smartly and stood before the man, then another set of footsteps came, they seemed lighter than the man standing before him but Jack soon recognized the voice, it was familiar as he had heard it before.
“Comfortable?” the voice asked, it was female and one Jack knew very well.
“Maria…..ford” Jack managed to say, his words came out hoarse and gruffly as he spoke with a dry mouth combined with tiredness.
The woman looked at the man before Jack and spoke.
“See?, I told you he know me, but he has my name all wrong, Maria Ford was my cover name back in the UAE, I cannot tell you how surprised I was to hear of your escape” she said with bemusement in her voice.
Jack did not reply as he listened in, the man looked tired and it was showing quite clearly, the strong and confident man of Torchwood 5 was vulnerable and it seemed they exploited him when he was unconscious.
“Seems you have an admirer Mr Harkness, My name is Doctor Kimato, head of this facility, I believe you know my associate here, the one who brought you to us” the man said in English but held a Japanese accent.
“Where…where am I” Jack managed to say, he could not feel Ardon near and his heart felt empty, the man was a long way away from home.
“No questions, you are here to provide us with a gift, thanks to Maria here, we have obtained..unique technologies, thanks to our provider TechnologyWorld sector 013, we have technology I can only of dreamed of years ago” the man said.
Jack seemed to huff listening to the man as he did not respond to the questions.
“You probably have noticed marks on your body, while you were unconscious we have obtained a significant amount of blood samples from you, sadly we needed a fair bit of blood from you and we knew it would not come willingly” the doctor said.
“Why….” Jack managed to croak out, coughing.
“Wouldn’t you like to know” grinned the woman slyly as the Doctor spoke again.
“Enough of this, we have enough material, we just need some more DNA buried deep, once we get it then we will accelerate the process” the doctor said as he clicked his fingers as another man in a biohazard suit appeared and was carrying a large syringe.
“Go through the muscle in the back and get the sample2 the doctor instructed as the man approached.
Maria approached with a sly smile grabbing the man’s face and making him look up at her, a cruel look upon her face.
“Just imagine this pain amplified, perhaps then you understand my need for justice from you and your army of mishaps” Maria said as the Syringe was plunged into Jacks back and the man gritted his teeth but as the syringe went deeper it became hard not to cry out in pain right when it got to the man’s spine, unable to move and chain down in the chair.

The large transport trundled towards Japan, crossing over countries to reach the land of the rising sun, for most of them it would be the second time in this region but first time in Japan itself, it soon turned Dark as Melina nodded off on one of the beds along with Mark on another.
The transport was comfortable, with enough space for all of them, sadly still not enough room to stand for long as a silence was about in the hold.
Zyra looked over at Ardon as the gold suddenly lifted his head and looked alarmed.
"What is it?"
The gold began to shake slightly, feeling a phantom pain come across through the link.
The shuttle shook a little from turbulence in the atmosphere as they travelled onwards, Mark not bothered by it was still asleep in his bed.
Zyra went to fetch Melina, touching h r shoulder gently to wake her.
"Mel, Ardys feeling unwell," she explained.
Melina open her eyes and got out of bed, grabbing her medical kit nearby as she followed the bold wing across to the other side where Ardon was, still trembling and looking unwell.
“Hey, Ardon, what is the matter” Melina asked softly to the gold, as she opened her medical bag.
"I think they're hurting him..." said the dragon, turning to her, his expression a mixture or horror and anger.
Melina checked on her tablet and synced it up to the ETA from the onboard computer, they were still 4 hours away.
“Your sensing that?, from this distance?, I thought you had to be in close proximity or a few miles to even get a whisper” Melina said checking the dragon’s vitals.
"I don't know. When I was a hatchling I felt it... when he was taken on Kilara." He said, looking distressed.
"We need to hurry,"
Melina seemed concerned, the dragon had elevated adrenaline levels and seemed stressed, the poor gold was worried.
“Ardon, we are going as fast as we can, it’s a big transport ship, more comfort, less speed, we be there in another 4 hours, I can give you something to relax” Melina suggested.
"No," said the gold, getting up suddenly as he began to pace.
"Ardon," said Zyra but she knew that it was on little use. Nothing would calm Ardon down, not in a state like this.
Melina seemed a little at a loss, looking up at Forge who was observing the situation as the professor packed away her kit and petted Zyra on the muzzle.
“I best try and get another few hours Zy” Melina said with a sigh.
"There's little we can do right now," said Zyra quietly to her Attilu. "Get some rest. I'll stay out here and make sure he doesn't go jumping out of the ship."
Melina nodded and left to go back to her bed, worrying for the poor gold dragon, she thought it might be worry but she did wonder if their bond was the first, strongest and most powerful, maybe Ardon could sense far more than anyone else bonded.
"Keep your head, Ardon," said Forge, though he understood the gold's distress. Watching him pace back and forth seemed to agitate the room, however.
"I can't."
"You must," said forge firmly. "You're no use to him if you go flying into a rage."
“Can you keep it down, got another 4 hours to go, if your going to pace do it quietly” grumbled Mark hearing the young dragon pace and growl.
"Mark..." said Zyra quietly, hoping that the man would recall her earlier request for patience with Ardon.
“Urgh alright, I use ear plugs” he moaned drawing a curtain and turning out the light so he could go back to sleep, as the transport shook again due to turbulence, it would be a long flight still.
Unread Today, 06:14 AM   #28
Aerazura
the listener

Back at the base Comox was sitting in the command center going over the large number of files they had collected in relation to Jack’s kidnapping. It was now the male’s job to search out anything that they might have missed. The Boldwing had sharp eyes and a talent for seeing minute things that might go overlooked.
He briefly raised his head, hearing Hitteki enter the room.
“Hey,” he said to her, turning back to the screen. “They should be landing soon, I think. Almost that time now. Just working on going over these recordings.” He explained.
"I do hope they be ok, it must be awful for guardian Ardon," Hitteki said to the male bold wing.
Comox nodded solemnly. The gold had been a mess. He wondered how he was going now. He must be beside himself, he imagined.
"Yeah, I know nothing about being bonded but from what they've told me it is not a nice thing to experience... being lost from your Attilu," said Comox as they went over the security footage to see if they had missed anything.
"Yeah, I can't imagine, Commander Jack and Guardian Ardon seem very close to one another2 Hitteki said sitting a little closer to Comox.
"Hm, yes," said Comox, focusing on the screen. He leaned away slightly, always the nervous sort but tried to keep busy with his task. He looked over a forty three second stretch of recording, playing over a few times as his eyes scanned the screen.
"I did notice something a little strange on the recording earlier..."
"Oh? what is that sir?" Hitteki said looking up at the screen.
"Ardon comes running out, lit up, right?" He said, pausing the video briefly to show what he meant. Ardon was frozen upon the screen, teeth barred, paused in the middle of rearing up onto his hind legs. The dragon looked like something you would never want to cross yet glorious at the same time, shimmering gold. "When your Attilu is in danger it ignites. Helps protect them I guess. Gives the wielder special abilities and such…. But when Zyra shows up she's glowing too. I don't get it. As far as I know, the dragon’s Brathille will only light "
"Oh, maybe the professor was worried and she ignited because of that worry" Hitteki suggested.
The Boldwing seemed to consider this a moment before nodding.
“Perhaps,” he said, before he moved onto the next video clip.

On the transport the dragons, save for Ardon had taken the opportunity to rest as much as they could before their arrival. The gold dragon was still pacing back and forth like a caged lion, stressed and trying to figure out what he was feeling through the link. The suggestion of pain had now subsided for the most part and there was no severering of the link itself so he had hope.
Zyra stayed close by but nothing she said or did seem to put the gold at ease.
She watched him with a worried expression, feeling his anxiety over the whole thing. She couldn’t imagine what it would be like, not knowing where Melina was and knowing she was in pain. The dragoness did her best to keep herself composed.
Just then there was a shift with the transport. Not turbulence this time, but they could feel the ship beginning to make its descent.
Veyron jumped towards the window, looking at the world below as they began to make their way through the clouds. He tilted his head slightly, taking in the sight before jumping down as Ardon came over to look. He could hear Zyra trying to talk to him while he walked over to the bunks where the humans slept. Melina seemed to be already getting up as he walked past her bunk.
"Wake up, chief," said Veyron, hopping into the edge of the mattress where Mark was trying to get some rest. “We’re nearly there.”
"Urgh, that was allot quicker than I thought, seems we have some speed on our side, my ears popped so we must be lowering in altitude," Mark said getting up.
"Yep. Getting there. Zyra is trying to rein in the golden wonder so he doesn't go shooting off the moment the doors open. The plans to talk to this woman and take it from there?"
"Yes and keep it civil and polite, Torchwood 9 is the second largest facility and the Japanese respect codes and honour among other things highly, we break that and they will not be tolerant of our presence," Mark said.
"Are you telling ME this specifically?" Grinned the wraith.
"Everyone, we must be respectful or we be kicked out," Mark assertively said to everyone.
“Geeze, not the most generous hosts it seems like,” said Veyron as he assumed his place upon Mark’s shoulder.
Forge and the others had gotten to their feet, ready to disembark as soon as they landed. It had been a few years since the silver had been to the country though the memories of this place had not been the best.
“Steady, Ardon. We’re getting there,” said Vonriir, “One step closer to getting Jack back.”
Ardon nodded, sitting as he waited, trying to do so patiently.
Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote