The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Entertainment Discussion > General TLK and SP Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Sep 24th, 2016, 02:53 AM   #1
NalasNineGFs

Question Do you still think Nala's dad was in Scar's guard?

It's something I've been pondering. On the one hand, the color scheme we see on him as a cub doesn't seem to match any of the lions we see in the paintings of Scar's guard. But then maybe he could have been The Strongest, who had lighter fur and red markings on his mane. For a long time, we've been wondering what exactly happens to male lion cubs of the pride once they grow up, and being part of the guard is probably exactly how they give back to their community. If Nala's dad was part of the pride, then it makes sense that he would serve on the guard. Plus it just makes less characters for me to worry about when I'm writing my prequel ideas.
I think everyone who graduates high school instantly reverts back to how they were as a little kid. That's probably why I'm back here after all this time. Not a Powerkat anymore, just a humble community college student having feelings and thoughts about my favorite story. Guess there's really something to the circle of life.
NalasNineGFs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 24th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #2
NalasNineGFs

I'm also considering The Bravest for Nala's father since his mane seems to be redder, but he also seems to have a browner pelt than Nala's father was pictured. Unless his color scheme darkened as he grew up like Simba's and Nala's did. I'm tinkering around with character designs right now.
I think everyone who graduates high school instantly reverts back to how they were as a little kid. That's probably why I'm back here after all this time. Not a Powerkat anymore, just a humble community college student having feelings and thoughts about my favorite story. Guess there's really something to the circle of life.
NalasNineGFs is offline   Reply With Quote