The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread May 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Mirage
~* Carpe Diem *~

Redline Please?

I'm working on a picture for the Organization XIII project. I'm supposed to draw Saix (of Kingdom Hearts II) in lion form. Problem is, I'm still shaky on my anatomy. Would someone please provide me a redline so that I can get the anatomy closer to being realistic? There are some great artists working on this project and I'd like for my picture to fit seamlessly with their's. Thanks to anyone who replies.

P.S.

Sorry for the large pic.

Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 24th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Nightingalle

Honestly, the body is great :3 The only thing I can see is the muzzle, there's somthing off there.. it all looks good, there's just something off on the muzzle. Soon as this part of the Herculese movie is over, I'll work up a red-line ^___^;

EDIT:

Let's see... I generally try to make sure the same distance is between the eyes on either side of the center line, which you did quite well. The nose/muzzle lines up with that pretty well, generally. I wasn't sure if you wanted his muzzle long or not though. I think ya did great. Plus xD I wasn't sure what kind of nose you were going for, be it pridelander or outlander. if it's outlander, just erase the nostrils it leaves the hook shape nicely. I probably didn't help much XD

Last edited by Nightingalle : May 24th, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
Nightingalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Mirage
~* Carpe Diem *~

Oh but you did help. Thanks a bunch! I wasn't too sure about the hind leg. The one you can see most of. Thanks for the help!
Unread May 25th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Mushroom
Wishes pretty shoes would fit her skinny feet

I'd redline if my tablet was working but I'd say the lion in general is too small, or the head is too big one of the two.
Unread May 25th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Little-Bird
Jokerman.

It's pretty good so far, and Ress's redline pointed out some things about the face that needed work.

Basically, you need to know where your center line is on the face. You had the nose set at a different angle then the rest of the head, so knowing where the center line is, and placing everything in coordinance with it helps keep things within similar angles. I tried to put a center line in my redline to show you what I mean.

Pretty much, the body was just way too small for the head. That, and he looked too scrunched up for his size. Don't be afraid to stretch the body out to make him look bigger. His right leg was also shorter then his left. When using perspective, it should be the other way around, where the leg farthest from the viewer should be smaller then the one closest.

Other then those, though, you did good. You have a good sense of anatomy already, you just need to work on persective and proportions a bit more. ;3 Keep it up, though, I can tell you're on the right track.

Edit: Agh, hold on, let me fix the image size. XD;
Unread May 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Nightingalle

Glad I helped but it looks like El is here to save the day X) yay El! <3 You know, El, you should join the project this is for :3 It'd rock ::pokes with stick::
Unread May 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Little-Bird
Jokerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko Tenshi
Glad I helped but it looks like El is here to save the day X) yay El! <3 You know, El, you should join the project this is for :3 It'd rock ::pokes with stick::

Oh? o: But I haven't played KH2 yet. XD; I'd be so.. out of place.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Mirage, that I'm no expert on lion anatomy at all. XD; But I do hope I helped a little~
Unread May 25th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #8
Nightingalle

So?! XD Grab Vexen before I do and draw his pretty butt :3
Unread May 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #9
Mirage
~* Carpe Diem *~

Thanks guys. Ya'll have all really helped. I have noticed that all of my lions heads tend to be larger than they should be. That's something else I need to work on. Yeah El, you should join Organization XIII. Who cares if you haven't played the game. Just go to the website and read the character info. Thanks again everyone!