The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Oct 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #76
Lion_Roog
Our House...

Sorry to hear about Kaza passing away. I don't remember ever talking to her much here on the message board, but she always seemed like a very good person. It's always a tragedy when someone doesn't have the chance to live a long life, instead having it cut short.

I Object to Violence Because When it Appears to do Good The Good is Only Temporary...The Evil it Does is Permanent -Gandhi
~Avatar by Dare~
“I Want People to Laugh at Me Because I'm Stuffing Broccoli Up My Nose, Not Because There's Something Wrong with Me” -Bobby Hill

"If you want truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease."
— Sent-ts'an
Lion_Roog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #77
Temporicide

No.

This isn't real. This is just like that whole "Elsa" thing last year on September 11. People like her don't just die like that. She was too kind...it wouldn't be fair.
Temporicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #78
starlioness
craaazaaay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalraven
Check out post #52. Astro and Air gave the summary of what the disease is. There seem to be many types of it but if I have the chance, look around for something called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Because I was an idiot and forgot to say it before:

Goodbye Kaz, you brought so much to Lilymud and the world.

ok. thanks Jwal .. I hope if I get a disease like that I'd be able to pronounce it..

Happy 12 Years Starlioness! 2001 to err.. well, infinity I guess

[

btw, Koudo end everyone else owes me 100 Starlioness drawings to remain in TLKFAA (joking :p)

oh yeah, (before Koudo sends Night fury after me ) Avatar Credit goes to Koudo and the Star gif credit goes to Mirri

and Happy 20th Anniversary TLK!!
starlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #79
turto32
That Which We Manifest is Before Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayWell
No.

This isn't real. This is just like that whole "Elsa" thing last year on September 11. People like her don't just die like that. She was too kind...it wouldn't be fair.
It has been stated that she did indeed pass on. It would disrespectful to argue otherwise at this juncture :/

My condolences to her family, I can only imagine what they must be going through right now.
-Lions Mane

Avatar done by the fabulous xcourtkneex
turto32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #80
Animus

Although I never knew her well, just the fact she was one of us is enough to offer my condolences. I am very sorry for her loss. Rest in Pease girl.
Winged lion composed of fur, claws, teeth, carpet, silly putty and toothpaste. Has the ability to command wind yet cannot help but "break it" once in a while. Has a luxurious mane made of silk hair, fiber glass and bits of William Shatner's old toupee. Can win friends over and then crush them like meal with an odd comment or an unusual look. Hobbies include grooming, fighting, mating, and excess video game playing. (And the hobby of boring most lions to death with his knowledge of bad movies.)

give Animus some love...or else. >=-)
Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #81
Zentina
Boopadoop

It's a shame I didn't get to know her well, but it seems that many of you have known her well enough to say she was a wonderful member of the community.

My prayers go out to her family.
Many she rest in peace in a place where she will never know pain again.

| DA | Weasyl | TLK |
|. Tumblr . |
Zentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #82
Fantasia
Thread Killer

I didn't know her that well, but from what I've seen and heard, she was a very sweet person. I wish I'd have gotten to know her more. (The only time I got to talk to her was when she helped me recover my password for this account)

My sincerest wishes and condolences go to her family, and may she rest in peace.
Fantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #83
Temporicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by turto32
It has been stated that she did indeed pass on. It would disrespectful to argue otherwise at this juncture :/

That's not what I meant at all. I meant it all happened so suddenly, like the Elsa thing.

RIP Kaza.
Temporicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #84
Anon51
Living life at 25 frames per second

I know this thread is old... But I hope people don't mind me posting late.
I wanted to pass on my respects to Kaza and her sister and family, I can't believe I've only just found this thread...I mean, how could I miss it? I feel kinda guilty.

I spoke to Kaz a couple of times through PM and on the board, she was such a lovely person, always willing to help out and just chat. I'm so sorry she's gone, it's awful. I can't imagine how her family are feeling right now.

Again sorry I posted so late... but I wanted to pay my respects.

rest in peace kaza x
Anon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #85
Akela
"Blink, I slash you to a million pieces!"

What the hell, I've been gone for too long. O_O
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #86
EndlessNight
blau und weiß wie lieb ich dich

Hello,
I've been on inactive here the past few years(mostly to make Kaza's life easier) but I justed wanted to reactivate to post a thank you for all the kind words posted here.

Ameya touched a lot of people online and off- at her work at the hospital and pharmacy, here at Lilymud, at her work with betta rescue, in the other fandoms she belonged to, and within her circle of friends and family.

She was one of the most creative and kind people this fandom has ever had. She came back from total loss of the use of her dominant hand, having to relearn how to use her hand to eat, dress herself- and draw. Not many people would be that brave to start all over again from the start. But she did and leaves her wonderful art work behind as a testatment to that.

I'm glad I finally pestered her enough to join TLK.org back in 2001.

Ehlers-Danos is a degenerative, chronically painful, incurable disease. The gerenal lifespan is 40-45 years. She and I have suffered with EDS and how it disables and cripples you every day of our lives. In the past few months Amy was facing the loss of one eye and encrouching complete blindness, the use of a wheelchair, the loss of 80-90% of the function of her hands, loss of memory due to thining brain tissue and weekly dialisys due to progressive kidney failure. Still she was brave and kind to the end and died instantly. The vessels has thinned so much due to the progression of the EDS that approx. 90% of the brain vessels ruptured in the same instant. She was happy and then gone. And she was saved any more loss of independence and quality of life. Her suffering is over, now we left behind have to suffer with our grief. Her love and memeories help ease that suffering though. We know ho wlucky we were to have her in our life.
I am so proud of her. No one could ask, wish or pray for a better sister or friend. Her courage was the rarest kind- the quiet kind that comes from a truly caring heart that feels more for the suffering of others than their own suffering.

I don't expect I'll ever be as good a person as Kaza. I'm too selfish, too bitter. I can try though, to be better, to be more open, to care more, to be a better friend. She wanted me to finish law school so as soon as I get well enough I'm going to go back.
It's so, so tough though. Things feel meaningless because they don't bring her back. That's a poor way to think but it's also a hard thing to shake. But I've never been alone- not from the moment we shared an egg in the womb. I'm missing my other half now. It's the hardest thing to deal with, I cant explain it. But I'm beginning grief counselling and therapy for post-traumatic stress syndrome(from finding her, trying to do first aid, etc.) Still...I don't feel human any more. I feel like I'm walking through a cardboard cut out of my life, or like a movie set. It's my life but unreal. Time will help I hope but I never could have imagined a life without Ameya. It hurts so much.

My mother, father and I really want to extend thanks to everyone who contributed to donation Lilymud made to the Dartmouth General. I was really surprised and we are very honoured. My Dad will be going there tommorow for the perliminary of his heart surgery actually. And I've spent around a third of the past twenty five months there. Every donation helps the DGH improve care. The care Ameya recieved at the ICU was amazing though. She was dead when she arrived and really the three 1/2 days on life support was to allow for the law and in case of a miracle. One of the nurses there had worked with Amy when they both were working at the Halifax Infirmary ICU and said how special she was and how she deserved the best. Another nurse(who has the beautiful first name of Artist actually) had lost her best friend to the same kind of massive stroke due to EDS at 29. They treated Amy's body with genuine affection and respect and made my parent's and I's time there as much about saying goodbye in a meaningful, peaceful way as they could. Thank you so much as the community and the induviduals who donated sperately. My Mum and I are working on thank you cards but we have about 300 to write and things are slow going. Grief is such a weight, it just drains your energy. And for my Mum and Dad as parents loosing a child, well, as you can imagine they are really in a hard way.

If I may ask a favour of everyone here please don't forget Kazamidori. Look at her art of your charcaters once and while, remember her admin and code work here when you use features like quick reply. I know she'd appreciate it.
Most of you guys here are young- but life can be all too short. You may be facing emotional challenges- be strong, be proud of yourself. You may

Ameya Dobson died at 26. She had so much more to give but we have to remember what she did give during the time she had- courage, a unique creative style of art and thought, kindness and humour. She will always be my sister, will always be in my heart, will always be remembered and will always be loved.

Most of you guys are young here- but life can be all too short. If you're facing emotional challenges- be brave, be proud of yourself. If you are facing physical challenges- be strong, believe in yourself. And never be afraid to care. You never know how much just one simple little kind or patient act can mean to someone.
I never imagined Kaza could have affected so many hundreds of people online and off but she took the time to care, even when her own life was so painful and so damn hard, she honestly, patiently cared. It's the best kind of legacy you can leave.

-----
Ich bin als Schalker geboren,
Lebe als Schalker,
Und werde als Schalker sterben!!

Ameya "Kazamidori" Dobson 13/06/82-13/10/08 Always in my heart
EndlessNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #87
kwakwakawakawa
Banned

I am never, ever going to forget Ameya and all she did for me and for everyone else. I think of her and of you daily. Take so much care of yourself, ♥.
kwakwakawakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #88
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

EN I solemnly promise that as long as I live, I will not for a moment forget Kaz or you for that matter. If there is anything at all I could do for you, please let me know. I really care for you as a friend. Kaz was such a sweet special person and you are too.
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #89
Fawkes
The game's a hoot!

Do take care of yourself and know that your sister was loved as you are loved.♥
&
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #90
Weaver
is still a cookie whore

Neither Ameya or you shall ever be forgotten, you both have brought so much to lilymud and TLKFAA.
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #91
Jogu
As good as it gets.

I am fairly new to TLKFAA and lilymud, so unfortunately, I can't say that I even heard of her before her passing. I wish I could have though. She sounds like a wonderful person, truly. I may not have known her, but she is one of us, and she will never be forgotten.
In a way, I know what she was going through, not to that extreme though. I have congestive heart failure, a disease where your lungs fill up will excess fluids. I have fluid overload. Soon, I will have to have a pacemaker.
So anyway, Kaza will always be remembered, whether we knew her or not. Rest in peace
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #92
ClearGreenWater
Freakishly Infamous Acronym

She won't be forgotten--she brought others into her warmth and caring so willingly there are many, many people here who keep her memory with the same, and by the same token want you to take good care of yourself, too.

ClearGreenWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #93
Sabrea

I'll never forget her kindness and strength. She is an example and inspiration for us all.

Best wishes with school, Nancy. Take care.
Sabrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 24th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #94
Invader Meer
My friends have always been mashed pototes

I am quite new here so I am not very familiar with the members. But that's so depressing to find out a potential friend has passed away before getting the chance to know them. May she rest in peace.
Invader Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #95
ForeverDecember
Fear the Fuzzle

Gosh, this is crushing news. I used to run around here a lot when I was in my teens (I am 26 now) and like many others I never spoke much with her, but I always knew of her and appreciated her posts. I am sorry have read this. My thoughts go out to you EN and your family.
ForeverDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 27th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #96
Animus

I am sorry that I never really knew her. But I am sure she was a very nice and well deserving person to be with such good people. It is always sad to hear the news of a member who passed on even if you never knew them. I join everyone here to pay my respects to her.
May she be happy now wherever she is. My thoughts to you dear Kazamidori
Winged lion composed of fur, claws, teeth, carpet, silly putty and toothpaste. Has the ability to command wind yet cannot help but "break it" once in a while. Has a luxurious mane made of silk hair, fiber glass and bits of William Shatner's old toupee. Can win friends over and then crush them like meal with an odd comment or an unusual look. Hobbies include grooming, fighting, mating, and excess video game playing. (And the hobby of boring most lions to death with his knowledge of bad movies.)

give Animus some love...or else. >=-)
Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #97
EndlessNight
blau und weiß wie lieb ich dich

I just want to thank whoever stickied this thread- I think with all Kaza did here it's appropriate as well as very respectful and kind. Good luck to whoever is taking over her admin spot- you have big pawprints to fill but I'm sure you'll do fine!

I also need to thank the people who have also sent well wishes my way. It means a lot to know people care, it really does. My parents and I are doing our best to hang on. It's tough as hell and will never really get easier though I know time dulls the grief. But when it comes right down to it you don't have any options other than lay down and die of a broken heart or to tough it out.

I never thought I'd say this but it's kind of nice to browse around Lilymud again. I hadn't been here before this for like two, two and half years. It's nice to see some folks are still around though that I'd lost touch with over time and especially the two years I was really sick.

-----
Ich bin als Schalker geboren,
Lebe als Schalker,
Und werde als Schalker sterben!!

Ameya "Kazamidori" Dobson 13/06/82-13/10/08 Always in my heart
EndlessNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 11th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #98
Sillydog The Great

Gosh I am like two months late in finding out about this. I'm utterly shocked to find this out. Man I am so sad that such a wonderful person is no longer with us. My heart goes out to EN and her family. It makes me sad that I won't be seeing anymore art from this wonderful artist.

Rest in peace Kaz, for at least you aren't suffering anymore <3

;__;
Unread Oct 14th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #99
AirGuiTaR
Maned Wolf of the North

I miss you so much, Kaza. <3
Unread Nov 21st, 2009, 07:22 PM   #100
Saber_Leopardess816
Is Very Loving Leopardess! Wants Love Too!

OMG I remember her!! This is so aweful. **cries**
We'll miss you Kaza<3

so sorry I'm late to this topic**huggs AG tight** I'm so so sorry dear.
this is very very sad! ;___;
Saber_Leopardess816 is offline   Reply With Quote